Your input requested: what can we do better?

Specials, interviews, marathons. Hear it hear first!

Postby Gerd » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:01 pm

Another one that makes me switch DA off instantaneously: Egg.
Gerd

Postby progzealot » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:39 pm

an easily accessible way to make requests without someone being on to accept them. one where you can go thru the playlist and pick something yourself. most other prog sites have this. maybe even be able to dedicate them for all to see too. :)
progzealot

RE: what DA can do

Postby misterx » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:07 pm

DA needs to always be about the music - progressive rock music - the best music ever recorded. You're right though, the obscure stuff is sometimes off putting at times but at the same time I don't want DA to become Superstars of Prog 24/7. A little Tull is good, a lot is not ;-)

I heard a band called Master Mind over the weekend. I'd like to hear some of that mixed in. I love IQ! (but not too much ;-) On the other hand, Niacin completely turns me off, as does PFM but I know a lot of folks dig it so no worries there. I'll be honest, when the Stainless Steel show comes on, I have to tune out. I love the Eclectic Mix show and the Unearthed Treasures show.

Papa J played some outstanding music during his History of Prog programs. You could tap that resource on occasion.

DA has introduced me to so much "new" music I would have otherwise never been exposed to (I'm actually buying CDs again). For that reason, please continue to bring new, rare and obscure music to my ears.

Love you guys!

xoxoxoxoxmr.x
I had a dream of the open water, I was swimming away out to sea - so deep I could never touch bottom - what a fool I used to be ...
misterx

Postby Progressive Atic » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:15 pm

I love DA but I think that there are many bands that could be considered classics if people had the opportunity to listen to them like:
*Vytas Brenner
*Tempano
*No Names
*Shlomo Gronich
*Shem-Tov Levi
*Tuned Tone
*Yoni Rechter
*Baccamarte
*Gryphon
*etc.
I have a new account: ProgressiveAttic...no longer using this one...
Progressive Atic

Postby yesola » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:18 pm

Hey Guys,

I think that the Series that Jim ran ( the History of Prog) should be run again, but at a different time, like in the afternoon slots, ( maybe Wednesdays - I know that Wednesdays is all requests and whatnot, but the show is for limited time - 12 weeks). Your listener numbers are ihighest around that time, and it's a great series that Jim put together.

Also, I think as noted above a segment that updates where prog acts are touring, CD releases , something like that, maybe a 5 min recorded segment that is updated now and then, and is run twice daily or something would be good.

OK, is that enough work for you guys?

Hey , even if you do non of this, DA is great.
yesola

PROGRAMMING

Postby MAKEBELIEVE » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:00 pm

I must admit I have not been popping in very often the last year or so. No particular reasoning behind. I tend to go in waves with certain things. Still love DA though. I still like hearing rare stuff ( OLD & NEW ). I do tend to like special programming, but only certain types. Zappa & stuff like that is not my cup of tea. Those types of programs are all or nothing with me ( and other listeners as well I think). They are still unique though , which is what makes this site special.
Quality IS a bit of an issue . But again, $ would scare off listeners...maybe even me. Maybe optional upgrades ?
Anyroad, keep up the good work.
PEACE.
MAKEBELIEVE

Postby Eezy » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Pamela, phink it's time for saucer-break

...Image....
Eazy aka condensed silk.
with ey third wish: someone knows the address from Robert Plant? would actually really like to write a song with him ..or maybe it's simply fishing for letters.
Eezy

Postby progwolf » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:32 pm

DA is absolutely great, and I have been listening for years, almost daily. Just one thing: You play way too much Flower Kings (and related bands, like Kaipa, Karmacanic, Transatlantic, etc.... you know what I'm talking about). These bands just totally turn me off, and usually the songs go on forever, so the only solution is to tune out or switch to another station. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, It's usually caused by the FK. Man, they are bad (especially that voice!), I have no idea why you play them so much. And - as it already has been mentioned here before - please stay away from that weird and experimental stuff (Henry Cow, Red Masque... etc -- horrible!) which gives me the goose bumps (and not in a good way). I for one could stand more Prog Metal, but that's my personal taste. Other than that, keep up the good work, and thanks for spreading that great music!
progwolf

Postby ProgScape » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:07 pm

progwolf wrote:Just one thing: You play way too much Flower Kings (and related bands, like Kaipa, Karmacanic, Transatlantic, etc.... you know what I'm talking about).

Some of us DJ's don't play any Flower Kings.

(sorry, had to!)

- mike.
ProgScape
Site Admin

Postby progwolf » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:37 pm

I don't think anyone reads these suggestions anyway -- why bother asking? I'm still hearing about a million FK songs a day and also the weird stuff (Henry Cow etc) most of us said makes us cringe... :(
progwolf

Postby elliot » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:43 pm

Ah, Progwolf, you have little faith. I read all the postings. I just haven't gotten around to revamped the playlist yet. I will. Hey, I'm a listener, too.

Notice the wide variation of opinions in this thread. Some love the Flower Kings, some dislike them. Some want more prog metal, some want less. We'll never please everyone 100% of the time. But, thanks to the comments on this list, I will definitely be revamping the default playlist.

Please keep the comments coming!

--Elliot
Elliot
VP, Program Director, Webmaster, Chief techno-geek
Pamela Progsnob's "producer"
Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
elliot
Site Admin

Postby ianmitchell » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:28 pm

I like the Flower Kings, but I can see how some of their longer songs could turn people off, especially since a few of them are a bit repetitive (e.g. I think "The Truth Will Set You Free" is about 15 minutes longer than it should have been).
ianmitchell

Postby progwolf » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:39 am

elliot wrote:Ah, Progwolf, you have little faith. I read all the postings. I just haven't gotten around to revamped the playlist yet. I will. Hey, I'm a listener, too.

Notice the wide variation of opinions in this thread. Some love the Flower Kings, some dislike them. Some want more prog metal, some want less. We'll never please everyone 100% of the time. But, thanks to the comments on this list, I will definitely be revamping the default playlist.

Please keep the comments coming!

--Elliot

Hi Elliot, I know that some of us like the FK and some do not (me included) and i am not asking to ban them from this station - I am just saying the FK and their many side projects are extremely over represented here. I hear daily 10x more FK tracks than I hear Pink Floyd or Marillion or Tangerine Dream or... the list goes on. I'm just saying the balance in your playlist is way out of whack. Other than that, I love this station! Thanks, and keep up the good work!
progwolf

Postby Eezy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:12 am

Pink Floyd ..... Marillion ....................................Tantrums,

..thought i had forgotten about them. Prefer phonebells.
Eazy aka condensed silk.
with ey third wish: someone knows the address from Robert Plant? would actually really like to write a song with him ..or maybe it's simply fishing for letters.
Eezy

Postby Eezy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:46 am

(this here thread is better than phone-bills say)

We could do with more Glasshammer and Occupied Tree ;.) What elses....
Eazy aka condensed silk.
Eezy

PreviousNext

Return to Programming announcements