Hello

Let us know if you have ideas to improve the station or the web site.

Hello

Postby pogoowner » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:35 pm

I just joined and wanted to say hello. I hope everyone has a good time here, and that this forum turns out well. Maybe this can be a thread where everyone introduces themselves. :)
pogoowner

Postby LesPaul1059 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:41 pm

H I'm Mike:P Favorite band: Dream Theater. Thanks to DA, I am purchasing about 10 or 15 different records of bands I've heard and liked. :P

On the suggestion note, I found this site maybe a week ago, and thought "This site kicks butt, but it needs one thing: A forum!" Heh, like some ESP[N lol] type of thing :P
LesPaul1059

Postby pogoowner » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:45 pm

Dream Theater's one of my favorite bands as well. My favorite band is Kansas, though. :)
pogoowner

Postby LesPaul1059 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:48 pm

Always a good choice :P I just picked up Leftoverture and The Ultimate Kansas :P
LesPaul1059

Postby pogoowner » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:51 pm

Leftoverture is excellent. It and Point of Know Return are probably my two favorite albums of all time. :P
pogoowner

Postby LesPaul1059 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:53 pm

I like those a lot :P I have to say Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From a Memory is my favorite album of all time :). Definetly a desert island choice.
LesPaul1059

Re: Hello

Postby elliot » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:54 pm

pogoowner wrote: Maybe this can be a thread where everyone introduces themselves. :)

Great idea! I'm Elliot, and I keep the stream running and do all the technical stuff around here. I also play Pamela Progsnob. But don't read too much into that :-)

Welcome everyone!
Elliot
VP, Program Director, Webmaster, Chief techno-geek
Pamela Progsnob's "producer"
Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
elliot
Site Admin

Postby LesPaul1059 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:56 pm

Well I thank you for keeping music going into my ears :P
LesPaul1059

Postby jmmallon » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:59 pm

I'm Joe & I do Shadow & Light Sundays & Tuesdays. Glad y'all like the station!
Joe Mallon
Shadow & Light
jmmallon
Site Admin

Postby Amy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:00 pm

Hello. I'm Don, and I'm the prez, interviewer, DJ, and all around good guy (at least I think so). The favorite bands are: The Beatles, Yes, The Flower Kings, Zep, rush, Spock's Beard, Floyd, Camel, and about a million more. Kansas is very cool. I am looking forward to seeing them in October and hoping to grab an interview. My favorite prog is symphonic (especailly anything from Sweden) but I like the metal stuff in small dosages.
Amy

Postby FKYES » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:02 pm

I also post under my wife I guess :). That was Amy, and she does media relations and guest DJS once in a while.
Don Cassidy
President, Interviewer, DJ, Artist Promo contact
Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
www.deliciousagony.com
FKYES
DA Staff

Postby pogoowner » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:02 pm

Amy wrote:Kansas is very cool. I am looking forward to seeing them in October and hoping to grab an interview.

They certainly don't disappoint live. I've seen them 3 times in the last 3 years. It'd be really cool if you could get an interview, too. :)
pogoowner

Postby LesPaul1059 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:03 pm

I was thinking Amy = Don...

Well THAT will be confusing to remember :P

horrah for not logging out/knowing her password :D

<edit> Like a jackass, I posted under my wife... Now THAT was a nice touch Don :P
LesPaul1059

Postby NecroVMX » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:18 pm

Hey guys this is NecroVMX, i'm a huge prog fan (also a metal fan) favorite bands are Dream Theater, Opeth, Symphony X, Blind Guradian, Iced Earth, Metallica, Yes, Genesis, Queensryche, Rush and others

I also run a fansite for Dream Theater which you should all enjoy it's called The Crooked Step (link is in my sig)

Been listening to DA for about a week and I love it!
Don't you dare cross The Crooked Step
http://dreamtheater.roofles.org
NecroVMX

Postby hu0bV sn0!7!l3p » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:18 pm

HI everyone!

i shure hope this board has more moderation than the dream theater board :wink: .

fav bands: all the classic prog ones (rush, yes, KC, elp, genesis ect.), spocks beard, flower kings, dream theater, i'm also a big art rock fan (those groups that play pop/rock music with progressive leanings) um and i'm sure theres a lot more too.

PS. an advantage of being among the first to sign on to a message board is that you can pick an awesone username before anyone else does. look at mine upside down!
Last edited by hu0bV sn0!7!l3p on Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAAAZZZUUUPPPPP?!??!!!!??
hu0bV sn0!7!l3p

Next

Return to Suggestions