Hello

Let us know if you have ideas to improve the station or the web site.

Postby LesPaul1059 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:23 pm

Necro I like that site! :P

I know usernames...cherish them :P. And you have the ability to laugh at silly noobs when they say what's progressive rock? :P
LesPaul1059

Postby NecroVMX » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:42 pm

that thing with your username is pretty cool
Don't you dare cross The Crooked Step
http://dreamtheater.roofles.org
NecroVMX

Postby hu0bV sn0!7!l3p » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:57 pm

WAAAZZZUUUPPPPP?!??!!!!??
hu0bV sn0!7!l3p

Postby LesPaul1059 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:06 pm

took me a second to get that :P NICE :)
LesPaul1059

Postby hu0bV sn0!7!l3p » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:16 pm

now i feel 8)
WAAAZZZUUUPPPPP?!??!!!!??
hu0bV sn0!7!l3p

Postby pogoowner » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:34 am

hu0bV sn0!7!l3p wrote:now i feel 8)

You wouldn't happen to be the Upside Down Dream Theater Guy at DT.Net, would you?
pogoowner

Postby durga2112 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:32 am

pogoowner wrote:
hu0bV sn0!7!l3p wrote:now i feel 8)

You wouldn't happen to be the Upside Down Dream Theater Guy at DT.Net, would you?

:lol: That's exactly what I was thinking too.

Hi everyone. I'm very new to this site, having only discovered it with the Dream Theater marathon last weekend. I really enjoyed listening to that, and I've been tuning in regularly since then. So obviously I'm a big DT fan. Other progressive bands I enjoy are Marillion, Rush, Fates Warning, Yes, Transatlantic, ... well, I guess that's about all I can really think of. It is one of many genres that I enjoy listening to, but whenever I turn to internet radio it is usually what I go for, probably because you hear so little of it on regular radio. So that also lets me hear a lot of new things on a station like this, and I have to say I've really liked a lot of the stuff I've heard so far.

Anyway, it's cool to see a forum here. Perhaps I'll see some of you around later!
"Sometimes a view from sinless eyes
Centers our perspective
And pacifies our cries"
(Dream Theater - "Lines in the Sand")
durga2112

Postby LesPaul1059 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:15 am

Nice to me you! That's how I found DA too :P
LesPaul1059

Postby pogoowner » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:38 am

Good to see you over here too, durga! :)
pogoowner

hello

Postby DMRudess » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:11 pm

my name is Diego, i'm 17 years old, i'm from Chile.
DMRudess

Postby diddy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:15 pm

So I don't want to miss to tell a bit about me :lol:
Maybe some of you know me from the chat.

My real name is Martin. Diddy doesn't have anything to do with P.Diddy :smt078 ...it's my Nickname and all of my friends call me diddy, don't really know why. I'm 19 years...ok, 20 in November and from Frankfurt/Germany.

What am I into right now? Yes, as always skandinavian prog, I'm a big fan of it...Anglagard, Anekdoten, Pain of Salvation just to name a few. I also like the dark side of prog, King Crimson, again Anekdoten and Morte Macabre and the most underrated band there is: Van der Graaf Generator. I also love italian prog such as Locanda delle Fate, Museo Rosenbach, Deus Ex Machina, PFM etc.
Krautrock is a must for me as a german :lol: I love the experimental and very queer style of the music.
I also like Gentle Giant and some of the other "big" ones. But I'm not a huge fan of Yes or ELP in general...yes I like them and have a lot of their albums but lately I found myself more addicted to other stuff such as Zheul/Rio/Avant. Pink Floyd is the only band belonging to the "big ones" I can listen to all the time.
ProgMetal is OK but I don't like most of the genre...I love dream Theater and all related stuff such as LTE but the best Prog Metal band in my opinion is Pain of Salvation just because they are so different and innovative...
Jazzrock/Fusion is also a great genre...I think Mahavishnou Orchestra is a terrific band and I really like Al Di Meola and Allan Holdsworth.
Besides the fact that I don't like Neo Prog (Marillion, Jadis, Pallas etc.) I'm open to every kind of prog or good rock (Uriah Heep, Led Zep, Roy Harper)...

That's it I think...Oh, BTW the only Metal bands I like are Opeth (yes ALL of their stuff) Finntroll and Katatonia
If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear...
George Orwell
diddy

Re: Hello

Postby s0undch4s3r » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:58 pm

pogoowner wrote:I just joined and wanted to say hello. I hope everyone has a good time here, and that this forum turns out well. Maybe this can be a thread where everyone introduces themselves. :)

Hi...pog. Pleased to meet you.

I'm from New Hampshire and am a Huge Yes fan.

Thanks to DA I have broaden my Progrock experience 10 fold and
now I actually listen to other great artists besides the timeless YES music.

Flower Kings are fabulous....they use alot of Spectrasonics Soft Synthesizers.

Spocks Beard is another great group....and the list just goes on.
s0undch4s3r

Previous

Return to Suggestions