Kansas

Are we not playing something you think most listeners would like? Tell us about it.

Kansas

Postby Fifer » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:23 am

How about playing something from kansas.
Fifer

Postby pogoowner » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:00 am

Ah, my favorite band. They do play them on a fairly regular basis.
pogoowner

Postby MAKEBELIEVE » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:07 am

I'll be seeing them this Wednesday Nov. 10th. My first time in 14 years. Hope Steve has a few high notes left in the pipes.
MAKEBELIEVE

Postby pogoowner » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:53 pm

They still put on a great show, but you might be a little disappointed with Steve's vocals. If you have Somewhere to Elsewhere or Device Voice Drum, you won't be surprised, though. He'll sound just like he does on those albums.
pogoowner

Postby MAKEBELIEVE » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:58 am

Steve's voice was INCREDIBLE ( there first show in 2 weeks I understand may have had something to do with it ). Not quite like old but pretty close. As close as you can get ( unless ya count Mr. Leonard from ENCHANT...ha...ha ). First time I seen them in 14 years. Played a lot of prog early on which I think is always a mistake for them. A few more commercially known songs ( especially early on) would help much of the crowd. They saved them for the end. The crowd starts to get into them , then there gone. When they play sets like this I know 75% of crowd will get lost ( not in a good way ). 14 years ago WALSH was the high energy guy on stage. This time around he & STEINHARDT switched roles. Kind of strange. Still good concert.
Oh, you might find this strange coming from a big KANSAS fan who has every album/cd but, SOMEWHERE TO ELSEWHERE is my 2nd favorite album of there's.
MAKEBELIEVE

Postby Garion81 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:36 pm

MAKEBELIEVE wrote:Steve's voice was INCREDIBLE ( there first show in 2 weeks I understand may have had something to do with it ). Not quite like old but pretty close. As close as you can get ( unless ya count Mr. Leonard from ENCHANT...ha...ha ). First time I seen them in 14 years. Played a lot of prog early on which I think is always a mistake for them. A few more commercially known songs ( especially early on) would help much of the crowd. They saved them for the end. The crowd starts to get into them , then there gone. When they play sets like this I know 75% of crowd will get lost ( not in a good way ). 14 years ago WALSH was the high energy guy on stage. This time around he & STEINHARDT switched roles. Kind of strange. Still good concert.
Oh, you might find this strange coming from a big KANSAS fan who has every album/cd but, SOMEWHERE TO ELSEWHERE is my 2nd favorite album of there's.

STE is a great albuim. Very underapprecated and under promoted imho. They started to play their sets that wasy because of the Dust and Bolt people. They would leave as soon as they played dust in the wind and Carry on. By leaving them as the last song/encore it makes them stay for the whole set. I would love to hear Diostant Vison or Myriad by Kansas from STE also Mysteries and Mayhem and The Pinnacle, Play together, from the Remastered Masque.
Garion81

Return to Music that you would like DA to play