Sloche

Did you like something we played? Want to know more? Looking for information about a particular band? Ask here.

Sloche

Postby diddy » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:24 pm

I heard a band called "Sloche" I know that they're from Canada. I searched for albums like hell but never found a mailorder wich has it in stock :smt089
I was really impressed by what I was hearing, I really liked it right away and immediately wanted to hear more (thx to the request board I got more :D) but never found any of their albums, unfortunately...
Does anybody know something about the band? And much more important, where can I get the albums? Are they OOP or still available somewhere?

thx a lot

cheers
diddy
If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear...
George Orwell
diddy

Postby elliot » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:54 pm

We play a few of bands for which CDs are either non-existant, or rare. Sloche is one of them. I play them a lot because they are really good. Some other bands in this category: Apprentice, Zazu, Et Cetera (not to be confused with Etcetera), England.

Perhaps it defeats the purpose of the station: to promote prog bands. Yet it is also to expose listeners to what's out there, so in that sense, we hopefully succeed.

--Elliot
Elliot
VP, Program Director, Webmaster, Chief techno-geek
Pamela Progsnob's "producer"
Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
elliot
Site Admin

Postby diddy » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:48 am

elliot wrote:We play a few of bands for which CDs are either non-existant, or rare. Sloche is one of them. I play them a lot because they are really good. Some other bands in this category: Apprentice, Zazu, Et Cetera (not to be confused with Etcetera), England.

Perhaps it defeats the purpose of the station: to promote prog bands. Yet it is also to expose listeners to what's out there, so in that sense, we hopefully succeed.

--Elliot

You succeeded, I'm really interested...I heard two songs of Sloche and all I can say is that I loved this stuff, it's terrific...

I also think that people should know more prog than Yes, Genesis, Marillion, Dream Theater and ELP...to be honest, these bands aren't this good, there's a lot of much better stuff out there. Just listen to "Yezda Urfa" for example :smt119...

and thx for the info...
If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear...
George Orwell
diddy

Return to Band and label info