in search of middle eastern sounds

Chat, meet, agree, disagree, make friends, fall in love. Have fun. Be nice.

in search of middle eastern sounds

Postby nexus » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:48 pm

Hello everyone. It was only recently that I learned about the existence of delicious agony and I am very thankful to my friend that told me about it.
Anyway. I have done a lot of research about this subject but alas, with no great success. I searched the forum and thought that someone might be able to help me eventually.

What I am searching for, is some sort of middle eastern sounds - traditional instruments, vocals, etc. - mixed with electric rock music.

If you are familiar with the band The Tea Party then you probably know what I am looking for. Especiallly the songs Sister Awake and Inanna. My research has led me to another group called Orphaned Land. Their album Mabool describes pretty well what I have in mind also, although the death growl vocals and the metal norms in their music is not something that strikes me well. The song Norra el Norra in that album however is the most distinguishable example of the kind of music I am looking for. What else I have discovered that was attracted to, is some pieces of music of the band Secret Chiefs 3 and especially their album called Book of Horizons. If you have managed to attend to any of Roger Waters' latest tour live shows, the middle eastern orientated version of Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun, describes very accurately what I am looking for. Dream Theater's Home is just another example. Finally, if you are into video games at all and have played Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time then you know exactly the sound I am looking for.

Anyway, just keep in mind that I want to hear middle eastern melodies executed with a rock flavor.

Thank you for your time.
nexus

Postby mondstar » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:55 pm

Tuned back in three minutes ago and Bilbo comes up with:
Alias Eye - A Clown's Tale
Special guess wo, if 2.templecalls aliens not appear soon. Who'd build a cupboard full of saucers & stoueff several times a day. Hope as well they come down to Meddle Earph in a sou'-easterner accident from fresh Freekinshire. Sms, trickin trolls svp.
mondstar

Location: Highwaystar2hell Henry Ford's conveyor belt, 1oo% fearmongery. Magic djinntress in wan

Postby nexus » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:46 am

Exactly my friend. Thank you very much. Very nice. Anything else under your sleeves?
nexus

Postby mondstar » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:44 am

51 or around that area well-used cards?

a spade with a nose to rummaging up some diamonds? a sailor shanty club (with ey parrot as landlord..) "Me Hearties" (..serving thimblefuls of ditchwater, where the rocks consisting of ice are even bigger and cold-ahh.. plus a mariner's piano = concertina) ?, D. Malherbe (Gong) from the bizarre market on "Bargain&pecu-lator"-PRIME?, an invalid return ticket, the rest is all-arms, ten of 'em.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... D=28488215
Last edited by mondstar on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Special guess wo, if 2.templecalls aliens not appear soon. Who'd build a cupboard full of saucers & stoueff several times a day. Hope as well they come down to Meddle Earph in a sou'-easterner accident from fresh Freekinshire. Sms, trickin trolls svp.
mondstar

Location: Highwaystar2hell Henry Ford's conveyor belt, 1oo% fearmongery. Magic djinntress in wan

Postby nexus » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:47 am

Hello again.

So, should I check Area 51 and Didier Malherbe's general discography or is it that only specific albums - or sparce songs - of theirs, provide the sound I seek?

Many thanks.

Oh... and... I am sorry about both. Just hoping them not gone wasted.
nexus

Postby mondstar » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:16 am

Nah, what is being meant is that these are the things i usually hold up my cuff (..with) A bazaar in one sandal and a buzzer in the other. Ahya, lots of sands. Scandalloads. Enjoying a bit of 4toons at present, it seems.

Postcard

Anyone sounds along wizz?
mondstar

Postby nexus » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:02 am

Thank you anyway.
nexus

Postby mondstar » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:24 pm

No probes. Here could be another candidate:
Cast - Al-Bandaluz - Ensamble Al-Mayÿ. What's Your favorite?
mondstar

Return to Community