Oh the Delicious Irony :-)

Each week is a different theme or artist. Hosted by Joe.

Oh the Delicious Irony :-)

Postby nosmadar » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:51 pm

...of using the Deep Purple song "Lazy" to illustrate some of the many wild sounds the Hammond is capable of producing. The reason I say that is this:
saw them in '96 when they had Steve Morse with them as the "Ritchie Blackmore" replacement. I asked some one if they were going to play "Lazy" and she said..."Oh no....that's Ritchie's song...they don't play that if he's not with them." So I find it very amusing that the song wich one would suppose is supposed to shwocase the guitar player as presumably he got "ownership" of it, winds up being used to show case the keyboard player. No criticism intended Joe, it's just the kind of thing that makes me laugh.
nosmadar

Postby jmmallon » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:37 pm

That is weird, 'cause it's all Hammond in the beginning of the song...
Joe Mallon
Shadow & Light
jmmallon
Site Admin

Just a guess...

Postby nosmadar » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:54 pm

that although John Lord createed the wonderful intro when the song was being arranged, Ritchie actually came up with the opening guitar riff and the melodic line when the song was first written. But it's just a guess. I'm curious enough that I may try posing the question on their website. I think Roger Glover answers questions, when he feels like it.
nosmadar

Return to Wednesday Night Spotlight